Monday, July 9, 2012

Difficulties

Sam was at his Dad's this past weekend so unfortunately there will be no "Sam Time".

Things here have been difficult. It seems like anything and everything that could possibly go wrong, has gone wrong. On Thursday of last week, the house got hit by lightening in one of our freakishly loud and bright thunderstorms. Because of this, the outlet to the wall that the cable box plugs into has been completely fried as well as the router, cable modem, and tower for the desktop. We have been out of cable and internet here at the house for the past several days so I've been raiding Dr. Z's movie collection. Spending my Sunday morning eating left over mushroom fried rice and watching the little mermaid was pretty much the best thing that could have happened in my book.  

With all the rain, it's been difficult to work on the house and we're trying the best we can. The rain isn't the only problem... Dr. Z and Susan have both been very sick. So I've been trying to help out as much as I can. I've been trying my best to get both of them to rest but they are definitely people that push themselves to their limits. Dr. Z finally caved and went to the doctor today so I have had the day off which has been pretty nice. We got the ethernet up and running so at least I can do a little bit of work from home but hopefully we'll have her back up on her feet in no time.

I'm supposed to play a concert at St. Joseph Berea hospital this coming Wednesday. Dealing with them has been a challenge because I was initially supposed to intern with them part time while working with Dr. Zook this summer and things just didn't turn out the way they were supposed to. The last I was informed they were working on getting a piano in for me to play on but I'm still not sure if that has happened yet.... More updates to come on the concert front!

Until Next Time,

~Wacko Jacko~

No comments:

Post a Comment